– You don’t need to head to Europe to stay at a beautiful, 150-year-old castle!
The more we learn about the Mohonk Mountain House the more surprised we are that this is somewhat of a hidden gem in upstate New York. Sitting on beautiful Mohonk Lake in the NY Catskills, there is plenty to do and the views never disappoint.
Here are some of our favorite takeaways from Mohonk Mountain:
- Three daily meals are included for overnight guests! Choose between a large buffet or a four-course dinner at the beautiful fine dining restaurant, Surrey
- The Mohonk is home to an incredible Spa that offers the Shawangunk Grit Mineral Body Treatment. and 80-minute treatment that includes a soak and a full-body exfoliation
- There is a section of mountainous rocks called “The Rock Scramble” that takes you through a maze of all types of rock formations
- There are rooms with full working wood-burning fireplaces!
- There are options to reserve horseback riding time, pony rides for kids or old fashioned carriage pulls
- Overnight guests have access to paddle boats, canoes, and kayaks on the beautiful Lake Mohonk
- There are many hiking trails but many guests take advantage of the Skytop Path that brings you to a massive lookout tower that allows you to see for miles on a clear day
For more information on the Mohonk Mountain House, you can visit their website, here: https://www.mohonk.com/